In the first in a new series, we reveal ten things you never knew about your favourite celebrities. This week it’s voice of the common people, Ann Widdicombe.
1. Ann’s favourite animal is the duck billed platypus. “I just really enjoy the efficiency of their bodies. One opening for laying eggs and shitting? Marvellous.”
2. Ann can play an astonishing ZERO musical instruments.
3. Not originally intending on being a quiz show host, Ann started out as an MP!
4. Ann’s favourite band is the Kings of Leon, although she thinks it all went downhill when they shaved their beards and cut their hair.
5. A regular on Brick Lane, Ann can often be found browsing the racks at Rough Trade East, often spending hundreds at a time on obscure vinyl records.
6. A notorious liberal, Widdicombe is a keen green party supporter.
7. Upon her grandmother’s death, Ann inherited the country’s largest collection of marijuana paraphernalia.
8. Ann has starred in over 1500 films throughout her career, despite insisting “I’m no actress”.
9. Ann passed her driving test just last year, at the age of 65, and splashed out £400 on an old Mini Metro.
10. Ann is famously hard to move and is said to have “laughed for hours” after watching Bambi.